1. Beyonce Self-titled fifth studio album in the first 7 days of release sold 746,000 DIGITAL albums in the US alone and over 1 million DIGITAL albums WORLDWIDE in the first 6 days of release. This is the BIGGEST first week sales by a Black Female Artist in History. Beyonce sold 617K in the first 3 days of it’s release, debuting at #1 on Billboard 200 for 3 Consecutive weeks. According to Guinness World Record 2015 edition, BEYONCE is the FASTEST selling digital album in history.
2. Alicia Keys ‘As I Am’ album debut at #1 on Billboard 200 in 2007 with first week sales 742,000 albums sold in the US alone. This record sale was the biggest first week sale since 2007, until Jan 2014, when Beyonce 5th album debut it first 7 day sales.
3 Mary J. Blige released ‘The Breakthrough’ album at the end of 2006. She debut at #1 on Billboard 200 with 729,000 albums sold in the first week. At that time, it was the biggest first week sales by a female black artist. The record was held for one a few months before Alicia Keys ‘As I Am’ broke this record in 2007.
4. Alicia Keys ‘The Diary of Alicia Keys’ released back in 2003 sold a total of 618,000 albums in the first week of sales, according to Soundscan data. .
5. Janet Jackson ‘All for you’ debuted at #1 on Billboard 200 on March 2, 2001 with a first week record sale of 605,000 albums.
6. Beyonce 25th birthday album released on Sept 4th, 2006 debut at #1 on Billboard 200 with a first week record sales of 541,000 albums in the first week.